Friday 24 June 2016

Friday Die Day

Hello friends
 
This week I'm featuring butterflies...what's not to love?!
The set is Cascading Butterflies designed by Donna Salazar for Spellbinders.
 
It comes as a one piece die measuring approximately 4.10 x 6.10 in.
 
When cut/embossed you have an outer butterfly frame
as well as all the individual different sized butterflies.
 
 
I've chosen to make a tag and using the die and embossing only
to imprint the beautiful design.
 
 
I've then taken an assortment of the butterflies and over-layed them
onto their matching impression.
My paper is a scrap box find - I'd like to say I'm getting through
my scraps but it may take a few more years yet!

 
Stamped 'thank you' to the corner, twine tied and little gemstones added.
Finished!



 
Cascading Butterflies is available to purchase from your Spellbinders
retailer - also look out for Cascading Stars and Circles -
all equally lovely.
 
Tomorrow you can find me at The Art of Craft in Farnborough, Hampshire.
I'm doing a workshop in the morning and demo in the afternoon.
As always, if you live that way please pop along and say hello.
 
Take care friends - have a smashing weekend!
 
 

15 comments

  1. Oh Christinbe, why is it that whenever you are near to my home - I am somewhere else? Wish I could be there today.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely tag and die set, it's great to have the frame and the individual butterflies, no waste at all.
    Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely idea and tag Christine,
    I seem to have a problem finding your P to Pinterest , { i did lose all my files earlier this week when i had an update so maybe the fault is at my end .}
    Take care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Christine
    I have this Die so look forward to more inspiration from you!
    Love Marg

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely die set. i love how you get two for one with one pass with the frame and individual butterflies. Gorgeous tag x xhazel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christine, I just love the effect on your tag it looks great, thanks Ann

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's lovely Christine - something different.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Christine,
    Very pretty tag,great idea it would make a nice card too.
    I hope you have a good day tomorrow.
    Take care. x.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG, Christine, these are beautiful! I adore butterflies and owls, so this die is going right onto my wish list. I love the tag you've made, Christine, the die embosses really well doesn't it and the matching butterflies on top really gives it great dimension and adds a touch of colour.
    Bejay x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like this die and your project I never think to just emboss It is a beautiful effect especially with this die

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Christine, I love this Cascading Butterfly die, and love your tag too.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Christine, I love this Cascading Butterfly die, and love your tag too.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Christine fabulous tag, the dies are lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good morning Christine haven't seen this die set before but it certainly makes a statement. Enjoy your workshop and demo, safe travels best wishes Jackie x

    ReplyDelete