Friday 24 March 2017

Friday Die Day

Hello friends

Back home from a lovely time away, I'll be sharing a
few photos over the weekend but back to routine and
as it's Friday that means Friday Die Day.
I'm revisiting a favourite die set - Diagonal Chevron,
This is one of the Spellbinders Card Creator dies, using these dies mean you
are half way to creating a card with minimum time.
The set consists of two die templates, the outer border and inner decorative die.

Approximate measurements:

Inset: 3¾ x 5”
Border: 4¼ x 5”


This is how it looks cut/embossed.


To create my card I wanted to also use the bottom section of the inset die to cut/emboss
patterned chevrons (the fallout pieces).


Adhered my white card front to some spotty kraft card.


I then started to apply the chevron pieces,
raising some of them with 3D Foam Squares cut in half.


I matted the card front onto pale green patterned paper and white cardstock.


Then the extra die cuts to decorate Sprigs and Blooms One.
'Get Well' is Sentiments 4.
The finished card.



Take care friends, wishing you all a lovely weekend.


14 comments

  1. Hi Christine and Elliott.
    Thank you I have this die set.I love it when I have all the ingredients for the recipe lol.
    Take care and have fun Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christine and Elliott.
    Thank you I have this die set.I love it when I have all the ingredients for the recipe lol.
    Take care and have fun Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a wonderful time. Gorgeous card Christine xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, in different colours this would be a great background for a mans card.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Christine, glad you had a fun time .
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Christine
    So glad you and Elliot had a lovely time in Disney.
    Nice card today too, I look forward to the pictures !
    Love Marg

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Christine,
    Very pleased you and Elliott had a good time.
    Looking forward to seeing the photos
    Lovely card today.
    Take care. x.

    Lovely card today

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a super card Christine adding in the chevrons before the flowers really makes the card. Glad you had a nice break. Best wishes Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Christine, So glad you are back safe and sound and have had a great time.
    A lovely card, I love the paper piecing.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love what you've done with this fabulous die and so happy you had a lovely time away x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a lovely card Christine and a great idea. Glad you had a great time away.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Christine. Very pretty card today. Paper piecing some of the chevrons has finished the card perfectly.
    Glad you had a lovely break at Disney x

    ReplyDelete