Sunday 25 June 2017

Craft - Congrats and Climbing Fences!

Hello friends

Today's blog post is a little later due to escapades last night! 
Ridiculously I managed to lock myself out (yes again!)
In my defence...it is a new front door (still getting used to it!)
I forgot that a top window was open and a gust of wind blew down and I heard 
a tiny click (not even a satisfying door slam)
and that was me stuck outside in shorts, shirt and flip flops.

At this point I reassured myself that the back door is wide open,
I can just reach over and unlock the back gate.
I live in a mid-terraced property so to gain access to the 
back of my home you walk down an alleyway - a very
overgrown alleyway!  At my gate I realise there was probably a good reason
why I fitted turnbuckles and extra bolts that are unreachable but 
it isn't helping me now!


I look at the fence and wonder if I can climb that (in flip flops!?)
Ten years ago I probably could have I ponder...
Then I remember I'm up against a time limit here -
I'm due to pick Elliott up in thirty minutes and I have no phone to
contact him.  I then hit upon the idea of my neighbour, Micky.
Then real hilarity ensues - she has a ladder, yes I can climb a 
ladder to the top of my fence and yes I can balance on a wall opposite 
the alleyway, but then lowering the ladder on the other side of the 
gate and me having to leap across to climb down....ummm...no way! 
While this is happening Bella is totally confused, barking at me
and then stopping thinking 'I know that person trying to break into our garden!'

We revert to modern technology, through the medium of Facebook.
We eventually get a message to Elliott who in turn manages to contact my 
Mum on her mobile and then my lovely Dad drives round with the spare key.

I'm actually only an hour late picking him up, Bella is still looking 
perplexed and I look like I've been pulled through a hedge backwards.. because
I pretty much have been!

So lessons learned and surprisingly I'm not aching too much today from
running up and down ladders! 

Finally a crafty offering...you deserve it for getting this far!

Today's card features Congrats a sentiment die designed by Marisa Job
for Spellbinders.
It is actually a Pop-Up die so has two sides but I've adapted it 
to place on the front of a card.
I found some pretty patterned paper, distressed it a little and inked the edges.


Created lots of flowers and also added curly foliage from Sprigs.



Congrats is available on the website here.

Take care friends, enjoy your day.
I'm hoping for an uneventful one! 


13 comments

  1. Good morning Christine
    Why don't you give a neighbour you trust a spare key?
    Sorry you had such a palaver but made me smile!
    Poor Bella so confusing for her !
    Love Marg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alls well that ends well Christine .
    Lovely card .
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh goodness, what a palaver! I hope you are having a nice peaceful day to make up for it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Christine,
    Sounds like you had an eventful couple of hours.
    Love the card.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omd's I needed that to cheer me up today although it wasnt funny for you at the time, I know. glad the family rallied round and dad came to the rescue. Gorgeous card x xhazel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did the same thing myself the other day. Had put WD40 on the catch as wasn't shutting easily. Was watering the garden and it shut behind me. Luckily my neighbour has a spare key. Lovely card today. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, Christine, that was hilarious!!! Sounds so much like something I would do. Your card is beautiful. I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Christine. Such fun and games for you but easily done. Dads often come to our rescue!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Christine and boys.
    Thank you for the little story, it did make me smile.
    A very pretty card too.
    Take care and keep having fun. Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Christine and boys.
    Thank you for the little story, it did make me smile.
    A very pretty card too.
    Take care and keep having fun. Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Christine

    Beautiful card.

    Poor you with your escapades whew I remember when I was out pottering in the front garden and my thoughtful Husband locked the side gate and opened the front
    door for me to get inside later he then had a phonecall from a pal and went out
    to help him. He then came out of the front door and closed it (I always put the
    lever locks handle up and then the door cannot close with the wind) well I was
    busy planting tubs up and waved them both off in the car about an hour later I
    went to go back inside and realised that I was well and truly locked out.
    I went to a neighbour and he very kindly climbed over the 5ft side gate (at my age bit risky for me to even try) and then had to chisel into the wooden surround of the back door so as to force the door open as yes it was locked.
    Thank goodness we did not have the uvpc surround done (saving money he he)
    Motto now I always put a key in my garden little tool caddy when working at the
    front garden.

    Luv n hugs Annxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Christine, you do get into some scrapes!
    The card is lovely
    Belated happy birthday to Bella x

    ReplyDelete