Friday 4 December 2015

Friday Die Day

Hello friends

This week's Friday Die Day is featuring Cascading Grace Pocket,
one of the Amazing Paper Grace Collection dies.

It's a four piece die set with out frames/pocket and inserts.

The approximate measurements are:

Top Frame: 4.15 x 2.00 inches
Top Insert: 4.00 x 1.75 inches
Pocket Frame: 6.15 x 3.15 inches
Pocket Insert: 4.50 x 2.30 inches
 
and this is how it looks cut/embossed.
 
 
To create the pocket you fold tabs in, best to use a bone folder or edge
of ruler for a nice sharp edge.

 
Next I then created a card base from 6 x 6 Matting Basics and also cut a
piece of festive patterned paper, again using 6 x 6 Matting Basics.
The paper is Simple Stories - Claus and Co.
Between the card base and patterned paper I inserted the top die cut frame.
 

Turning to my trustee computer I printed an invitation onto white
cardstock - the font is Montery BT.
Mounted this onto green cardstock and popped it inside the pocket.


This then was mounted onto the card base.
For a simple festive embellishment it is one of those mini poinsettias
from the 5 x 7 Holly Frame die set.


Some close up photos.


It's beautifully elegant and perfect for invitations.

 
Take care friends and wishing you a wonderful weekend.
I will be in Bury St Edmunds tomorrow at Keep on Crafting
if you live that way, it's a make and take too.


13 comments

  1. Hi Christine,
    That's a lovely idea, and looks really impressive, would love to come to the Christmas Party, lol.
    Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and a wonderful idea would be good for wedding invitations too xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful project, could be used for so many occasions.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Christine
    This die is another must have, your invite looks very tempting, haha .
    love how you have put it all together with the lovely backing paper, just beautiful .
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Christine,
    A very interesting die set. Love your project.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Christine !
    Pretty invite! I love Becca's creations so different!
    I really like the papers too!
    My eldest is 45 today ..so that makes me feel so old, but I remember it like it was yesterday.... he was the 1st Grandchild for my Mother too!
    The world was a different place then, we had only just bought our first television to watch Christmas on the set!
    Take care
    Love Marg

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Christine, Fabulous !! I love this !! the pocket die-cuts are gorgeous and the holly paper is fabulous, I love the whole project, gorgeous !!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Christine, Fabulous !! I love this !! the pocket die-cuts are gorgeous and the holly paper is fabulous, I love the whole project, gorgeous !!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Christine, love the dies so pretty. love Jean Z xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Christine,
    Love your project, great idea.
    Another great FDD. Thank you.
    Have a good day. x.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love what you have made with this pretty die Christine, something completely different!
    Enjoy your crafty day in Bury St Edmunds.
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Christine a lovely invitation to grace any mantlepiece. December 5th has been ringed on the calendar for weeks but I'm not sure if I am going to get there now. Hope you have a nice day best wishes Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely, elegant invitation Christine.
    Take care
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete