Friday 18 December 2015

Friday Die Day

Hello friends
 
So this time next week it will be Christmas Day!
I will probably be skipping that Friday Die Day...as I'm suspecting you
may be a little busy with festivities :)
 
This week I've gone non-Christmassy but it features Trees.
This die set is from the Woodland Collection and I'm loving all
the dies in this set.
 

There are 4 dies in the set and the approximate measurements are:
 
Trunk: 0.80 x 2.20 inches
Canopy 1: 1.80 x 1.55 inches
Canopy 2: 1.55 x 2.30 inches
Canopy 3: 1.45 x 1.30 inches
 
This is how they look cut/embossed.
 

I particularly like the largest leaf shape tree, the branches insert into the
embossed areas.
 

 
I've gone for a kraft card using 5 x 7 Matting Basics and
Standard Circles LG to create a front panel with aperture.

 
Stamped sentiment - Scripty Sayings from Lawn Fawn.

 
Place a piece of DCWV burlap paper behind the aperture and
mounted this onto a card base with Crafty Foam Tape.


I placed my trees to the left of the aperture and because I'm craving
Spring I added a few little white blossom flowers.

 
Some close up pics.



Without the blossom it could be a suitable male card.
 
Hope your Christmas plans are coming together - I'm nearly there...
just consulting list number 32! ;)
 
Take care friends and have a wonderful weekend.

15 comments

  1. Morning Christine.
    Thank you a lovely card.
    Take care and have fun, Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christine,
    A stunning card, love the natural look of the burlap and Kraft card. Starting to have last minute panic as always about Christmas, this is when I go and buy more because I don't think I have got enough and end up buying too much, lol.
    Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, useful for many occasions.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Christine loving the new dies xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Christine
    A lovely card loving the touch of burlap and the scripty saying , i hope you will be skipping at LEAST Christmas day AND Boxing day Christine to have time with your family .
    I just have my dreaded food shop to do now nearer the day .
    Take care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Christine,
    Really nice card today,love the trees.
    Have a good day and take care. x.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Christine, Such a lovely card so pretty. love Jean Z xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Christine, A lovely, lovely card. I'm still trying to make my Christmas cards !! I've left it rather late this year !! 'life' keeps getting in the way hahaha (cleaning !!).
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Christine,
    A very pretty card. Not had much to do for Christmas going to No 1 daughters and No 2 daughter and the children have gone to Thailand for Christmas, so we will be quite. Good luck with list 32.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good morning Christine, looks like quite a quick and easy card, the trees are lovely shapes. My best wishes to you for an enjoyable Christmas and for 2016, Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the design of your card today Christine, unusual dies too.
    Good luck with your Christmas lists!
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Christine,
    What a pretty card, I love it. It's my goal to get all the woodland series of die and some of the burlap paper from your lad next year. I have to get it a little at a time as and when I have some spare case but I know I'm going to love them all when I eventually have them all in my crafty little fingers...first up though is a new storage system for them all. I need to get that before the end of January to get a discount as it's quite a pricey piece of equipment...then I can keep all my 2016 dies nice and safe :)
    Enjoy your weekend,
    Bejay x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh this is wonderful! Love the set of dies and adore this card! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this card. The tree dies look gorgeous and I adore this burlap paper perhaps if Santa is kind to me I may have a few pennies to treat myself!

    ReplyDelete