Thursday 31 December 2015

Friday Die Day...on a Thursday!

Hello friends

So this may be a little confusing I'm actually posting Friday Die Day
today...on a Thursday!  
It is a day early as I have something else planned for 
tomorrow - New Year's Day so please stop by for that.

I've chosen to use one of the Woodland Collection dies -
Mushrooms.

You receive 5 die templates in the set and the 
approximate measurements are:

Mushroom 1: 1.90 x 0.90 inches
Mushroom 2: 1.50 x 0.80 inches
Stem 1: 1.20 x 1.00 inches
Stem 2: 1.00 x 0.80 inches
Grass: 2.10 x 0.75 inches

This is how they look cut/embossed.


My card is a kraft card base, matted with red cardstock and the 
patterned paper is Bella BVD - Hello Autumn.
I then created an aperture with Classic Oval large


I attached twine with a 'For You' tag before placing the aperture 
on top with foam pads.


I inserted the grass pieces and mushroom stalks.


It was then just a case of simply positioning the red mushroom tops.
The embossing is beautiful.


An unusual die set but I've really got to like it,
of course you can always use it and play on the words 'Fun Guy'!



So...New Year's Eve!
Can you believe it another year gone...scary how fast time flies.
I'm waving goodbye to 2015 with a smile on my face,
my Ambassador role with Spellbinders took me all over the country,
(although I did seem to spend a lot of time in the Midlands!)
It enabled me to meet many crafters and retailers and I'm delighted
my role will be continuing in 2016.  

Some dates have already been placed on the Spellbinders Tour page
and more are being added so please keep check.

It is left for me to wish you all things amazing for the New Year -
may it be healthy, creative and above all very happy!

Take care friends.



16 comments

  1. Hi Christine, love the mushrooms they are cute, thanks for a great year of crafting tips, A Happy New Year to You, Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Christine for all the lovely inspiration you gave us.
    I wish you and your family a very happy and healthy 2016. Take care Kitty.
    oh today's little card is enchanting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card today. Could you consider adding a venue near Southport or Liverpool on the Spellbinders tour????

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Christine , i was just thinking my brother would love this card when i read the Fun Guy , what a hoot !,,,,
    Thank you for your great blog and the FDD your Tutorials are always so clear and easy to follow .
    I wish you and yours a Fantastic Healthy Happy New Year .
    Cheers.
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Christine. Happy new year and hope you go from strength to strength in the coming year xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  6. An unusual card it could be said to finish the year but as my daffodils are likely to burst the bud today anything goes no matter the calendar date! Wishing you and all the family a happy and peaceful new year and I look forward to following your creations through 2016 and hopefully meeting you again. Best wishes Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Christine,
    A lovely card to finish the year.
    Hope you and the boys have a wonderful New Year. Pleased to hear you are staying with your Spellbinders role.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Christine, love this card cute. love Jean Z xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Christine,
    I'm so excited, I've just booked your workshop at Bury St Edmunds on 5th March, can't wait. A great card today again, love the little Mushrooms.
    HAPPY NEW YEAR to you and your family.
    Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Christine,
    Great card today, Thank you for Thursday die day.
    Wishing you a very happy and healthy new year.
    Take care. x.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Christine
    A lovely little card today. I couldn't resist this die set when it was launched so treated myself. Have yet to use it! One of my resolutions for next year is to try and use more of my crafty stash, rather than leave it gathering dust on my shelf. I have my favourites which come out every time I craft but I really need to challenge myself to use other things.
    Wishing you and your family health, wealth and happiness for 2016. Have apeaceful evening.
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Christine, Wow !! I love these mushroom die-cuts and this card is fabulous !!
    Congratulations on your year as Spellbinders Ambassador, and hearty congratulations for continuing the same in 2016, well done you !!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Interesting die set Christine, they emboss beautifully. You've made a super card!
    Wishing you a very happy new year and all the best in your crafty world for 2016.
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice card Christine. Thank you for all your cards this year and I wish you and your family a happy and healthy 2016

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this little mushrooms and you have made a fabulous card! Happy New Year to all of you! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this, so glad I got to meet you and your mum in 2015 x

    ReplyDelete