Tuesday 22 December 2015

I do like a bit of embossing!

Hello friends

I'm revisiting a favourite tip/technique of mine today, 
selective embossing with Spellbinders® M-Bossabilities .

If you have a Wilkinsons near you grab a packet of these tags.
They are really good quality thick card and just begging to be altered.
If not, you can of course die cut your own hearts.


 I've used one of the tags with Enchanted M-Bossabilities  folder.


 I placed just half of the heart tag inside the folder, the other part sticking out the bottom 
of the folder.  I didn't even remove the twine..speedy!

 The sandwich for Grand Calibur is base plate, your folder with medium inside 
and Raspberry Spacer Plate.
The end result is lovely. 
You could decorate the blank area or it is a good place to write your message.


 And this one you've probably seen me do many times before but...just in case...
Use the same selective embossing technique with envelopes.
I've inserted just the flap inside the folder.


It really dresses them up. 

 And again with an envelope, I've inserted it into the folder diagonally for a different finish.
This is Flora folder.


Three ideas for selective embossing. 



Take care friends, I'm back soon - cake still isn't iced!


17 comments

  1. Lovely embossing ideas Christine , love the diagonal finish on the envelope .
    Take Care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Christine, it's good to refresh our memories , Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Christine,
    I love the envelope idea, but always forget to do mine, thanks for the reminder, the brown envelope looks fab.
    Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great embossing ideas, they all look so pretty.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Christine, great idea. love Jean Z xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Christine, Snap !! my cards still aren't finished hahaha !!
    I'm loving your post today, the photos have really helped me to know where to place my envelope etc into the embossing folder, and your projects look fabulous !!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card Christine will pop into wilko's for the tags. xx hazel ps hope you find time to ice the cake

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Christine,
    Thank you for reminding us about embossing,
    Your tag and envelopes Look great.
    Have a good day. Take care. x.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Christine
    Lovely embossing tips I must have a go as I haven't done this for ages!
    Good luck with the icing!
    Take care
    Love Marg

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great idea, they look very pretty, xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good morning Christine great ideas thank you. Happy Christmas and best wishes for 2016 Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another great idea and reminder from last year, thanks Christine!
    Hope your cake is looking a little more Christmassy today.
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love embossing folders too. They are a very versatile tool which enables you to add texture and dimension to boring old bits of card.
    Good luck with the cake icing.
    Leslet

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Christine,
    These look lovely. I must use my folders more!!!
    Hope you manage to get the cake iced!
    Maureen xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a clever idea. I never think to partially emboss something and I was the lucky winner of the top embossing folder!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooh, these are fabulous ideas, thank you! I need to start embossing things! xxx

    ReplyDelete