Friday 1 July 2016

Friday Die Day

Hello friends
 
This week's Friday Die Day is an older die, one from the Nestabilities range -
Blossoms Five.
If you were able to catch me on The Craft Channel on Monday you will
have seen me use this die to make a dimensional rose.
I thought it would be nice to share the technique with you today.
 
There are 5 dies to the set and this is how they look cut/embossed.


 
I've cut 2 x No. 3 and 3 x No. 4
(No.1 die is the smallest)

 
Mark the centre of each die cut by drawing round a coin,
or I've used the end of my dabber thingie!
Then cut inwards with scissors to create petals.

 
Apply distress ink to both sides.
I went with Victorian Velvet and Scattered Straw for the middle.

 
Using a stylus tool, mould/shape each petal.
 


You can also use pliers or the end of your pokey tool to shape the petals inwards.

 
To create the bud-like centre - take one of the smallest die cuts,
bring up alternate petals, mould/squeeze together - use glossy accents to stick.

 
Continue and then use next smaller size die cut.

 
Affix your bud to the centre of one of the larger die cuts.

 
Again, bring up alternate petals, moulding and shaping.

 
Tweak away to your heart's content (!) and eventually you end up with a
very dimensional rose.


 
As mentioned, Blossoms Five is an older die but still stocked by
many Spellbinders retailers.
 
Take care friends - have a lovely weekend,
whoever is doing that rain dance...please stop!
 

14 comments

  1. Gorgeous flower and lovely step by step instructions. I think I may have this die, will have to have a look later. Marion S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful flower Christine,thanks for the Tutorial, it isn't me doing the rain dance honest .
    Take Care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty flower, I have had this die for years & never made something like this with it-project for the weekend for me!!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous flower lovely demo. Can't remember if i have this die or not, best go and check xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Christine.
    Thank you i watched you demo this flower, it is beautiful.
    I am not doing the rain dance lol. Take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Christine,
    Great tutorial this is such a pretty flower.Thank you.
    I hope you have a good day, Take care, x.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Christine,
    Beautiful rose. Terrible weather.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good Morning Christine
    Thanks for the tutorial I do have (among my thousands of Dies) this one!
    I think it needs an airing..been into Altenew for a while!
    Love Marg

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely Christine. I also have this die and have used it on many occasions but not like this - must give it a go. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Christine, I echo your comment about the 'rain dance' haha, we have had intermittent torrential rain, it's never ending.
    Ohhhhh Christine, this flower is stunning !!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Christine, I echo your comment about the 'rain dance' haha, we have had intermittent torrential rain, it's never ending.
    Ohhhhh Christine, this flower is stunning !!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I missed your show - sorry. I so like watching you demo I've never seen this die in use and it's beautiful Thankyou for the tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  13. This die makes gorgeous flowers so thank you for the tutorial Christine. X

    ReplyDelete