Monday 18 September 2017

BIG NEWS, Snowflake Snippets and Day 5

Hello friends

Big News here at Hope and Chances, we held a staff meeting
yesterday (two of us!) and decided we would make the website ...


YES! FREE UK delivery FOREVER! 
We realised that to offer you the very best shopping value we would cover your 
postage and packing costs.
So whether you just need one item or ten just click away!

Today's crafty offering...
with the weather feeling much cooler these last few days I feel
I can possibly mention the 'C' word,
I succumbed to putting my heating on last night!

Spellbinders have some wonderful Christmas dies this year and
recently I created these two cards for the Spellbinders blog
(full post is here)
They both use a beautiful new festive die set called Snowflake Snippets
there's actually 5 dies in the set so lots of usage from this one.


I used the largest one for this card.


An emboss only design.



And this one just overlaying the die cut onto snowflake paper.


Ideal dies for batch making those Crimbo cards.
Snowflake Snippets is available on the website here.

STOP PRESS!
Sold out of Snowflake Snippets - so popular!
More are on order and will be in stock next week.


Day 5

I'm still in Chicago, just outside the city and on a shopping spree.
If you've been to the States you will know they do shopping in a big way.
One of my favourite stores to visit is Michaels.


As you enter you are greeted by a beautiful array of Autumn decorations.
People like to decorate their homes and front porches with fall decor.


I was fairly restrained in my purchases...umm well perhaps not!
I bought some crafty bits (I REALLY needed them!) and some photo props.

I did not purchase this but it made me laugh, 
Christmas decorations come in all shapes and sizes.


Still on a shopping mission, Cathy and her husband took me to an impressive 
outlet mall in Aurora.
All the designer shops here but at much cheaper prices - I likey!


If you've ever met me you may know I have a penchant for handbags,
I would not dare to count how many I've purchased or even own,
I cannot resist a good leather bag!
Fossil is a company I love but this time I purchased a handbag for my Mum,
so that doesn't count does it!?


I did browse Coach...oh alright, yes! I purchased a handbag in there too,
a smart black one with matching purse for work,
(a necessity really...!)

From a very satisfying shopping spree we went out for a special dinner.
It was my last night in Chicago and Cathy and her husband invited
their family and we had a wonderful meal.
Benihana is theatre dinner, they cook all the food in front of you
and it is delicious.

I returned to the hotel with my bag of bags(!) and other purchases,
a very full tummy and then proceeded to think "how am I going to get all 
this stuff in my suitcase to fly to Iowa tomorrow"... 
I was that person who ended up sitting on their suitcase to get it closed!

More trip documented tomorrow.

Take care friends - wishing you all a fantastic Monday and oh yes...
other news - Elliott starts University today,
I'll no doubt be embarrassing him with photos!


16 comments

  1. Morning Chrietine and boys.
    Thank you the dies and card are lovely.
    The photos are great too thank you.
    Good luck Elliott have a great time.
    Take care and have fun Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooops sorry forgot to sat thank you for free postage. kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cards & great Christmas Dies.

    Great photos.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card and die set. Fabulous photos. good luck Elliott xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Christine
    Good Luck to Elliott, and brilliant news with the Free Postage.
    Love the holiday photos and I'm with you on the Handbags, I also cannot resist, I have a lovely Orange leather Fossil cross body bag and matching purse too.
    Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Christine
    Just love that Die and the card embossing is beautiful!
    Free p/p will make such a difference too!
    Handbags must be bought!
    Good Luck Elliott on your new venture!
    Love Marg

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Christine,
    I'm really enjoying your holiday, wonderful memories for you.
    Love the dies and card.
    Good Luck to Elliot too.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning Christine an interesting set of dies very clever idea. My best wishes to Elliott as he starts his new adventure. Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Christine
    Love your card and die , i see it is out of stock so hoping you will get more stock soon , a great saving of no P&P for we followers thank you.
    Good Luck to Elliott enjoy !
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  10. I read every day but don't comment often, but I wanted to pop on and wish Elliott good luck for today.

    Take care
    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving this die and your card is so beautiful. Shopping looks great and such wonderful news that Elliot is starting Uni. Thanks for the free P&P too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Christine, A gorgeous sample, the deep embossing is fabulous. I'm really enjoying your trip photos, I have never been to America and I'm finding your photos fascinating.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Christine

    Beautiful Christmas cards. Your trip to the Shopping Mall looks amazing

    I would love to see Michaels they know how to decorate over there.

    Such lovely news about Elliott hope he has a really good dayxx

    luv n hugs Annxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this card, so clean and crisp. your holiday looks amazing. Good luck Elliott on your new adventure. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous cards! This is one of my favorite dies ever... have to get this set!

    ReplyDelete