Saturday 19 September 2015

Darling Daisies

Hello friends

Bright, fun, quick and easy!
This was one of my samples on display in the Platinum Show on The Craft Channel recently,
it features that rather spoiled pooch of mine - Bella.
I used one of the new Contour steel rule dies - Darling Daisies 
and an assortment of fun foam.  Adhered them to a frame (99p store) and done!

I ran the die through the Platinum multiple times and because it is designed to cut 
an assortment of sized flowers it wasn't long before I had quite a lot of them.
In fact, so many I arrived at the studio with a bag full so we were putting them everywhere -
 I do get carried away sometimes!
These also look fun taped to wooden sticks/skewers for party decorations.
There is something strangely satisfying about cutting fun foam...or is that just me?

So I'm peeking through the curtains and no rain...yet!
I thought about clearing the garden today but... 
thinking craft may be top of the agenda instead.

Take care friends.


10 comments

  1. The Frame is as cute as Bella Christine
    We are in for a lovely day i think ?
    Have a good one .
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous frame, you were fab on the shows, great to see you back on TV .xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Christine, The frame and Bella look lovely. Enjoyed your show love Jean Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant way of altering a basic frame!

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Christine, This frame is brilliant, beautiful Bella and those gorgeous flowers. I have never tried using fun foam yet !!
    I hope you have the sunshine, we have it here, I've just returned from our Church fundraiser, Car Boot Sale, and am enjoying a cup of coffee and a Blog hop.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea for decorating a frame Christine! I love fun foam!
    Just spent a lovely day at Ally Pally, came home a little lighter in my purse and saw some good demo's.
    Feet up now with a glass of wine. Looks as though it's been a lovely day weather wise, same again for tomorrow!
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you've decorated a very cheap frame and turned it into something quite spectacular. Off to Ally Pally tomorrow to have a nose and hopefully a few bargains

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Christine
    Love this frame. The flowers are brilliant cut from funky foam and frame such a cute picture of Bella. She is so photogenic.
    Enjoy your weekend whatever you decide to do.
    Take care
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely frame and of course photo of Bella. i love cutting funky foam too, i think it needs a warning attached xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Christine,
    Lovely photo of Bella and the flowers look great really makes a nice frame.
    I hope you have a good day. Take care. x.

    ReplyDelete