Friday 18 September 2015

Friday Die Day

Hello friends

Welcome to Friday Die Day and this week I'm talking about Matting Basics.

Matting Basics dies are from the Spellbinders Nestabilities® Card Creator range.
They are currently available in sizes A2, 5 x 7 and the newest 6 x 6.
They are designed to be used alone or to coordinate
with fancier die designs in each size range.
 
How useful are they? I think...very!  
You can layer cardstock, patterned paper, images, photos and 
each time you are guaranteed perfect proportions with nice embossed edging.  
 
Why is there a set A and set B?
 By using each set on its own you have a spacing of 1/4" between each layer.
As shown in the picture here with 6 x 6 Matting Basics A and 6 x 6 Matting Basics B.
 
 If you coordinate both A and B sets together you have a narrower 1/8" spacing between -
brilliant if you prefer finer matting.
 
For some other tips I've chosen to use A2 Matting Basics B today,
this is a 9 piece die set and the approximate sizes are:
 
Long Rectangle SM: 3⅜ x ½”
Long Rectangle LG: 3⅞ x 1”
1: ⅞ x 2⅛”
2: 1⅜ x 2⅝”
3: 1⅞ x 3⅛”
4: 2⅜ x 3⅝”
5: 2⅞ x 4⅛”
6: 3⅜ x 4⅝”
7: 3⅞ x 5¼” 
 

 
Mat two together to create a perfect frame, removable tape is a must for me here!

In the lower half of the picture you can see where I have just used two for matting.
 
Matting Basics are perfect for creating your card blanks.
Position again with some removable tape...

ensuring that the folded edge of your card is abutting the cutting edge.
Use your Matting Basics to cut perfect labels, either stamped or printed.
I've used French Script font here. 
I've designed a place card using this set, the card blank cut as above and the two frames.

My name again cut as detailed above.
Couldn't resist adding a tiny flower and leaf.

Speedy and easy - just what you need if you are making them for a large dinner party
or wedding.

Wishing you all a great weekend, no more of that rain please -
at risk of webbed feet!

Take care friends.
 

16 comments

  1. Hi Christine
    Your FDD is so,,,, { craft educational } to me haha , i am ashamed to say i have had a set of Matting Basics in my folder for quite a while and never used them , well all that will change now Christine i will get them out this very weekend.
    I hope you have a nice Dry Weekend too.
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christine. What a lovely place card and of course you had to add that cute flower, it finishes it off perfectly. I agree that we certainly don't need any more rain do we! Have a lovely weekend. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Christine
    With so many new Dies I haven't bought these yet
    I have the square larger ones just not 5x7 rectangles .........so many new Dies come to my notice I forget the basic ones!
    I think now we have got the message about RAIN!..... who ever is sending it....... you can stop now!!! lol
    Here's hoping for some dry days!
    Take care
    love Marg

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Christine, I have these sets of matting basics dies, they are a definite 'must have' for me, and you definitely need both sets for the finer mats. Loving your place card.
    I'm with you on the 'rain', let's hope we have some dry days, I'm hoping today is dry as I have my bedding on the line, and I want to do my front garden too, my fingers are definitely crossed !! Tomorrow is our Church's car boot sale and I'm hoping we have a dry day tomorrow too !!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Christine, I use these dies so many times, especially for getting the matting right on computer generated
    sentiments. Love your shows, no stage fright there then!! Love Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Christine,
    Such useful dies. Shows are going well.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Christine
    Great FDD today, thank you. These dies look so useful to have, think I need to add them to my growing 'must have' list!
    Love your place card, so pretty and so you!
    Enjoy your day.
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great project-as the others have commented, it's easy for us to forget about the basic dies.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Christine,
    Love your place card,great FDD, Thank you.
    You were great on TV again today,I am really enjoying your shows.
    Take care, x.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not too sure if I'm every going to get this posted. This is the third attempt, so apologies in advance if
    they all decide to appear. I didn't realise there was a 6x6 set, Christine. They are going to be really handy.
    So far I just have the A2 set but I can see all the others going to the top of my wish list. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Christine,
    I have the square basics, I obviously need the rectangles as well!!!!
    Have a good weekend.
    Maureen xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Christine I use both A and B of the 5x7 basics I bought them purely because in my early days they were the card blanks I bought! I love them but I must admit ai struggle to find fancy dies to fit with these A2 seem more available Any suggestions? I have one set of the 6x6 and again use them a lot I have the other set on my Wish list They guarantee perfect squares & rectangles every time

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Christine I have the matting set A and use them to make my base cards they are really useful dies to own.
    Haven't caught any of your shows as yet.
    Kind regards
    Anne Owens

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very useful dies Christine. I have the 6x6 set A and B and use them a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely place setting Christine, i do hope have now made Mitchell one lol. Very useful die sets i may have to invest in these xx hazel

    ReplyDelete