Wednesday 21 October 2015

Bitty Blossom Tree with Bow

Hello friends

Yes I know it's still October but I just can't help myself!
With the darker nights coming I need something cheerful so I'm
still on my festive theme.
Today's crafty offering is a mini tree featuring Bitty Blossoms,
Sprigs and Tiered Multiloop Bows.


The tree measures approx 20cm - just right for a table centrepiece,
your mantelpiece or desk at work maybe?
The base is a polystyrene cone - that boy of mine has them on
the website here.

I used a piece of paper measuring 7" x 7" to cover the cone.
The Bitty Blossoms were created with a few sheets of 12 x 12,
but you could equally use lots from your scrap box.
I made a total of 40 flowers, starting with 7 large flowers around the base
and then the remaining were all cut from the middle size.
The Sprigs were cut up, a dob of glue on the end and inserted into gaps.

Not the quickest of projects to make but therapeutic!
I chose to die cut all the flowers first and then sit in front of a film to
roll and glue them.

The bow is a new die, it's due in stock within the next few days,
Tiered Multiloop Bow - really easy to do and I shall be featuring this set
soon with a Friday Die Day.


Take care friends.

24 comments

  1. Morning Christine.
    Just brilliant, and Beautiful, Thank you. Take care and have fun. Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohhhh just love the tree Christine, it's beautiful.
    Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Christine
    What a pretty blossom tree. I have very happy memories of the larger version I made at a class of yours a couple of years ago! It comes out each Christmas and is always greatly admired. Best wishes, Anne O

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning Christine super project using the blossoms to cover the polystyrene not sure about the bow though. Best wishes Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The tree project is gorgeous, really lovely.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning Christine,
    Another fantastic card today, I love the effect of the pretty flowers, it must have take you ages!
    We'll worth the. Effort though!
    I hope you have a good day,
    Love and hugs
    Sand xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning, wow that is some patience Cheistine. It's beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good Morning Christine!
    That was some flower cutting..but it was worth it..beautiful!
    Love Marg

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning tree Christine love it might have to give it a go x xhazel

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Christine, This tree is beautiful, you have reminded me that I haven't used my Bitty Blossoms for absolutely ages, will be getting them out. A fabulous project, thank you.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the tree Christine, wish my biti blossoms looked as good though, thanks Ann

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Christine,
    Wow! stunning. A lot of work but well worth the effort.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Christine, love the tree will have to have a go . love Jean Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Christine, this is so beautiful. I'd so love to make one of these. I'm not the most pacient of people but for something so lovely I'm sure I could persevere.
    Love Val in Spain x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Christine,
    Really lovely tree,it must have taken ages,but really worth it.
    I hope you have a good day. Take care. x.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A beautiful tree Christine, love it.
    Kind regards
    Anne Owens

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG!! Christine it's just so beautiful! I had planned for my next purchase to be the fox, owl and maybe mushroom dies from the woodland collection but after seeing the wonderful tree I've just placed an order for two cones and the bitty blossoms...won't Elliott be pleased lol. Thanks for sharing the great project. I just hope that my finished one will look something like yours :)
      Bejay xx

      Delete
  17. Hello Christine
    Wow this is amazing. It would look brilliant as a Christmas table centre piece. I will definitely give it a try, probably for next year tho, my Christmas to do list is sooo long now it will never get completed.
    Take care
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Christine,
    This is beautiful and I'm going to make two for my Granddaughters' bedrooms. I made some Christmas trees about 20 years ago with dried seeds, pine cones, imitation Christmas berries, small gold beads etc. on polystyrene cones and they come out every year. Mind, I do pack them away very carefully!!!!
    Maureen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely project I've just added polystyrene cones to my Wish List Liked yesterday's too Never thought to use embossing powder on adhesive sheets - glitter yes but not e powder Another must try!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This tree is lovely Christine, it must have taken you ages to make!
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete