Saturday 10 October 2015

I'm in the club!!

Hello friends
 
Something a little different today...
 
I'm in the club...the Carole Matthews' Chocolate Club that is!
If you've followed my blog for a while you will know that I'm a
big fan of Carole and her humorous and uplifting books.
 
 
 
Carole and I met many years ago, initially on a writing course and
then in 2004 I won a short story competition hosted by Fords (the car people)
in conjunction with Carole.
 I won a car for a year!  After a year I purchased the car - a Ford Fiesta as I
couldn't bear to send it back and Mitchell is driving that very same car now...!
 
So the Chocolate Lovers' Club - I entered online to be a member
and was delighted to receive my welcome pack this week.
Yes that is a bar of scrummy chocolate along with my certificate.
 
 
I was also lucky to get my hands on an early copy of The Chocolate Lovers' Christmas
this is due to be launched on 22 October.
This is the third book in the Chocolate Lovers' series following the lives of
four ladies with very different lives but one important thing in common...chocolate.
I highly recommend these books - you won't put them down,
well maybe to lift a bar of chocolate!
 

 
Being a club member there is a chance that I could be hosting my own 
Chocolate Lovers' event/evening -
I will keep you posted as I'm thinking it could also be combined with a bit of craft!
 
And I should also mention that Carole is one of Elliott's Angels,
she is fully addicted to Spellbinders and you can view her first design team
projects on Elliott's blog here.
She is a multi-talented lady.
 
As mentioned, today I'm in Hampshire, Lyndhurst in the New Forest
demoing at Emerald Crafts.
I'm staying over tonight and hoping to have a little look round tomorrow. 
 
Take care friends and I hope you are enjoying your weekend.
 


11 comments

  1. Hi Christine, If she likes chocolate she is one of us ah ah . love Jean Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christine. Sorry I haven't commented this week, the time gas just flown by. I have caught up on all of your lively posts now. I love Carole's 1st Chocolate Lovers book, I must get the other two. How lucky for you to get the third one early. Note to self, check out this club online as I have been known to eat a little chocolate now and then.....OK, I'm a chocoholic : )
    Have a lovely day at Emerald Crafts and I hope you get to have a walk in the New Forest as it is a beautiful part of the country. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Christine
    My friends and myself share Carole's books , I think there is about 3 to go, and of course the New Chocolate one!
    I wish I could eat chocolate but the dreaded Migraines don't approve of it ,or lots of other enjoyable things, Nothing is worth the pain!
    So glad Carole is now an addicted crafter!
    Take care
    Love Marg

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Christine,
    Love carol's books. Hope you have a good day at Emerald Crafts, and the weather holds for you tomorrow o that you get to look around. Lovely part of the country.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fantastic a chocolate club, love the ideas of a chocolate crafting club too. Have a lovely weekend sounds like you will be in a beautiful place xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Christine, This Club sounds fabulous !! I must look into Carole's books, they sound great.
    Have a lovely time demo'ing and hopefully tomorrow, weather permitting, you have a great time sightseeing.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Christine, This Club sounds fabulous !! I must look into Carole's books, they sound great.
    Have a lovely time demo'ing and hopefully tomorrow, weather permitting, you have a great time sightseeing.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh chocolate, books and crafting my favourite things in life. How wonderful to combine the 3.
    Have a great day in the New Forest.
    Take care
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you've had a wonderful day in Lyndhurst Christine, and enjoy your stay over so you can have a good look round tomorrow.
    I'm loving the idea of a Chocolate Lovers evening combined with craft.....now you have me intrigued!
    Sounds like a lovely club you have joined! Enjoy your day with Mum tomorrow.
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know what to say It sounds like a terrific idea and I'll look out for Carole's books But as I'm diabetic I'll have to pass on the real stuff

    ReplyDelete