Friday 9 October 2015

Friday Die Day

Hello friends

Happy Friday Die Day!
This week I am featuring Spellbinders Happy Birthday Garland.
This is one of the dies from the Let's Party collection.
There is an assortment of dies in this set and the approximate measurements are:
 
Heart: ¼ x ⅛”
Flower: ¼”
Star: ¼”
Bow: 1⅛ x ½” (2 pcs)
Garland: 4⅞ x ½”
Happy Birthday: 5 x ¾”
 
 This is how it looks cut/embossed.

For my card I've placed the 'Happy Birthday' onto a kraft card front. 
Cut to reveal the negative (keep that die cut to use later!)
I then cut/embossed two of the garlands from kraft card and the tiny flowers from
blue cardstock.  I also cut leaves and a flower from Marisa's Bouquet. 
Attached the garlands under the 'Happy Birthday'.
And then simply added a scattering of flowers.
A tiny gemstone for the dot of the 'i'. 
I wanted to keep it as neutral as possible.

Think I may have succeeded with that!


Happy Birthday Garland is available here,
I know it's going to be a really useful die set.

As mentioned, I'm off to Hampshire tomorrow -
Emerald Crafts in Lyndhurst - all the details are here.
I shall be nattering (aka demoing) from 10am.
Mum is coming along too :)

Take care friends and wishing you all a lovely weekend.
 

17 comments

  1. Lovely card & great that you can use the "waste" on another project-perfect!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card , lovely die set. Have a great time xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Christine, A lovely CAS card, I'm loving that you have used the negative Happy Birthday, very effective. I was thinking that a 'Merry Christmas' card done in this way would be very effective and also ideal for batch making and also cheaper to post !!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving your card Christine, i am away for a couple of days too so will catch up with you on Monday,
    Hope you and Mum have a grand time .
    Take Care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Christine, A lovely CAS card, I'm loving that you have used the negative Happy Birthday, very effective. I was thinking that a 'Merry Christmas' card done in this way would be very effective and also ideal for batch making and also cheaper to post !!
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Christine i love the simplicity and elegance of it xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Christine, Love the idea for this card so simple but lovely. love Jean Z xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Christine,
    A very pretty effective card, quick to make too.
    Have a good day tomorrow.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Christine
    This will be good for the Sapphire that I sent to my daughter in Oz..there seem to be quite a few Dies that fit this little machine!...I have been through my stash to send to her!
    I love these little Dies!
    Have a lovely time with Mum, Christine!
    Take care
    Love Marg

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Christine,
    Love your card today,great FDD.
    I hope you have a good weekend away.
    Safe journey and take care. x.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Christine,
    What a lovely, simple but very effective card. I'm thinking that if you wanted you could fix some coloured
    vellum behind the cut-out sentiment to change the look of the card. I'm ashamed to say that there isn't
    one scrap of kraft card in my entire stash...I think I need to remedy that as soon as possible.
    Bejay x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Christine,
    Simple and effective card. A really useful idea and economical to post. GREAT.
    Maureen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Christine,
    Simple and effective card. A really useful idea and economical to post. GREAT.
    Maureen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card Christine. I'm wondering if it might also look nice if the sentiment was cut again in the blue, then in-laid into the Kraft card - just a thought!
    Have a fab time with Mum tomorrow in the New Forest.
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Christine. I've never seen these dies before but they're really cute.
    Have a great weekend.
    Lve Val in Spain x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely simple card Christine. Like the idea. Enjoy yourself tomorrow. I have been to that shop. Like an Aladins cave.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Christine. What a great card. I love it : ) Take care x

    ReplyDelete