Friday 30 October 2015

Friday Die Day

Hello friends
 
So this Friday definitely came around super-quick!
I was thinking of looking up how many Fridays until Christmas
but I don't want to panic myself!
 
So back on topic - this week's Friday Die Days is...
 

This die set contains 5 dies with very useful phrases in assorted fonts. 
Approximate Sizes:
Height: ranges from ⅝ to ⅞” Width: ranges from ¼ to ⅞”
This is how they look cut/embossed.
 

 This week a card (having a tag-break!)
 
I've attached a strip of dotted paper to cream card and placed
A2 Matting Basics B #7 (#1 is the smallest die in the set)
to create a matting. Cut/embossed.
 
 
I then cut a black mat with A2 Matting Basics A #7
and placed these onto a cream card base.
 
My additional die cuts are Blooms One, Standard Circles LG
and 'Thank You' is from today's featured FDD - Phrase Set Two.
You can see I've cut a dotted circle in half and placed over the top of a cream one.
 
 
Before I added the die cuts I chose to emboss only with
Standard Circles LG - you can see the embossed line around
the circle edge.
Assembling my card - dots before my eyes at this point!
 

 
The finished card with much better lighting!
 

Now if I remove that flower and gemstone 
I may have achieved a card suitable for a man!

 
Phrase Set Two is available on the website here
and don't forget to take a look at Phrase Set One - great ones there too!
 
Tomorrow I will be demoing at Loobi Crafts in Leighton Buzzard,
it's the shop's 10th Birthday celebrations - details are here.
If you live that way it would be lovely to see you.
 
Take care friends, have a good weekend.
 

17 comments

  1. Hi Christine. What a great card today, it would certainly make you see spots while making it up but a lovely card for anyone.
    I'm with you about Halloween but yesterdays card with that cute owl was fabulous.
    I hope you have a good weekend and you manage to get a rest on Sunday : ) Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christine,
    A great card, I'll remember this for my next man card. I've just countered the Friday's until Chrustmas, I won't tell you though, but YES, I think it's time to panic.
    His xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card & with a simple change= perfect as a mans card. Thanks for the inspiration.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super card and Tutorial Christine, i am loving the Die sets and fonts they are so useful.
    Have a good day.
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely monochrome card Christine love it xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card Christine!
    Ideal for a man card as you say.
    many thanks and Best wishes to you all.
    JosieB (Nana Josie)xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this card Christine!
    Ideal for a man card as you say.
    many thanks and Best wishes to you all.
    JosieB (Nana Josie)xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great FDD and tutorial today Christine, I love your black and white card! Definitely agree that it could be a manly card without the flower.
    Enjoy your demo day tomorrow.
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Christine,
    Great FDD,love this card.
    I hope you have a good weekend,and safe jouney you always seem to be on the road.
    Take care. x.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good Morning Christine
    What a pretty card!
    Enjoy your trip too!
    Take care
    Love Marg

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Christine, love the card so different . love Jean Z xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Christine,
    A lovely card, enjoy the demo day.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely! I've just bought the three sets of the smaller sentiments and I'm finding them so useful already.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Christine, These 'words' are lovely, and your card is really different, I love your compilation.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card, great dies x

    ReplyDelete
  16. This card would be so good for male and female alike I don't make cards to sell (unless I'm asked) and know a lot of my female friends would love this

    ReplyDelete