Friday 2 October 2015

Friday Die Day

Hello friends
 
Well it's been a very busy week and this Friday came around in super quick time,
thankfully I had a post I prepared quite a bit earlier - phew!
 
This week's Friday Die Day is featuring Labels Thirty Nine.
The set consists of five die templates with a bracket edge and soft curves.
It's a great shape for matting and the approximate die sizes are:
 
1: 1⅜ x 1¾”
2: 2 x 2⅝”
3: 2¾ x 3⅜”
4: 3½ x 4⅜”
5: 4¼ x 5¼”
 
This is how it looks cut/embossed.
Using white card I've chosen to cut/emboss die #4 and #5.
With the smaller one I used #1 to create an aperture.
Because I wanted the largest die as my card front I created a folded flap to
adhere to the reverse of the die cut.
I'm still in my white phase so for my card front decoration I went with
I inked these lightly for just a subtle touch of colour.
I matted the die cuts with Crafty Foam Tape 
and inserted the sprigs through the aperture.
It was then as easy as applying the little flowers with crystal gemstones to the middle.

My white phase seems to be lasting quite a long time...
thinking Christmas may cure it!
 
All the dies mentioned are available on the website, just click on their names
to follow the link.
 
Wishing you all a great weekend, I'm not travelling this weekend,
I'm tackling the washing and ironing...it has seriously got out of hand,
think mountain and double it!
 
Take care friends.


20 comments

  1. I'm enjoying your White Phase Christine, the card is lovely. Enjoy your weekend off.
    Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and lovely dies set i do love a set of label dies xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card Christine fairly simple to create I think, happy ironing Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Christine. love he die and they look so pretty made up . love Jean Z xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You explain so easily in your tutorials Christine , Thank You , this is a lovely card .
    Hope it is a sunny weekend for you and you get through all the washing and ironing .
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Christine,
    Late with my comment this morning as I have just finished the dreaded ironing, a job I hate. So good luck with your.
    A very pretty card, love the simple elegance of it.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Think I have c aught up with all your shows on The Craft Channel now. Does that Platinum machine take the old thick Tim Holtz dies?
    Love your card today Christine, very pretty.
    Good luck with the mountaineering!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Christine,
    Another lovely card today,great tutorial.
    I hope you have a good weekend,good luck with the washing and ironing.
    Take care. x.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a lovely, elegant card today Christine with a great tutorial.
    Hope you manage a dent in the washing/ironing mountain this weekend.
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is lovely Christine. Like white cards. Have a good weekend

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Christine. I love today's card, very pretty. I am with the others that are looking forward to being able to watch The Craft Channel on Freeview. I hope you manage to get some rest this weekend, not just washing and ironing. Take care x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Christine
    What a stunning card! I do love your 'white phase' the cards are very classy.
    Bejay x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Christine, I'm loving the shape of these 'labels' die-cuts, and the finished card is really pretty, beautiful shading on the sprigs and flowers.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Christine, I'm loving the shape of these 'labels' die-cuts, and the finished card is really pretty, beautiful shading on the sprigs and flowers.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Christine a lovely die cut card today thank you for your tutorial and inspiration.
    Kind regards
    Anne Owens

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card, you can't beat white x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love to see white on white cards I never seem to quite get the right effect so will use you as inspiration - if that's ok

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Christine,
    This is so pretty, I love it.
    Maureen xx

    ReplyDelete